Recent Cleaning Posts
3 benefits of a duct cleaning
Call us for more information on our duct cleaning services! (301)933-2425
Are you considering duct cleaning to complement your Spring cleaning plans this season? Well, you are in luck, not only are we offering a discounted rate this month but we are also sharing three reasons why you should have a duct cleaning performed in your home this Spring.
3 reasons why a duct cleaning will complement your spring cleaning
- Better air quality- When you clean out your ducts, you are essentially cleaning the system that filters the air throughout your home. If you do not clean this periodically, you will continue to collect dirt and debris over time. When purchasing a home, this is a service you want to consider, especially because you do not know when the last time the previous owner had this service performed. Once you have a duct cleaning you will notice the difference drastically, in some cases it helps with allergy symptoms.
- A cleaner home- Have you ever noticed a thin layer of dirt in your home and wondered why you have to dust it off so frequently? Well, it is possible that your ducts are distributing this dirt throughout your home due to them not being cleaned in quite some time. A simple remedy to this is having a duct cleaning service.
- HVAC efficiency- If your HVAC system is cluttered with dust and debris, it will perform accordingly. This means it will work overtime to reach your temperature goals, however, it will cost you more money in energy bills and it strains your HVAC unit.
During the month of April, we are offering 10% off of our duct cleaning service. This offer does not include dryer vents or antimicrobial fog treatment. This is a limited-time offer and spots are limited. Feel free to reach out to take advantage of our special April 2022 offer.
Spruce up this Spring with a SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus duct cleaning!
Include a duct cleaning in your spring cleaning plans!
Spring has sprung and boy are we excited for warmer days. Along with the season's changes, we tend to take this as an opportunity to do a little spring cleaning. Why not go the extra mile and clean your ducts? As you can imagine, your ducts collect dust and debris if left unattended for long periods of time, and yes all of that is circulating though-out your home. A benefit from getting a regular duct cleaning is that your indoor air quality improves significantly after having your ducts cleaned. Another benefit is that you can potentially extend the life of your HVAC system and your ducts. Call our office if you have questions or to schedule your duct cleaning service. We are always here to help!
Commercial carpet cleaning from SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus
SERVPRO can handle your commercial carpet cleaning needs!
Thinking about sprucing up your facility this spring? Why not a good old-fashioned carpet cleaning? Our process for our carpet cleaning is first applying a dirt and stain remover product, we let it sink in for some time to dissolve the dust and grime on your carpet. If the stains are tough, we manually scrub the area. We then proceed with our carpet cleaning machine which suctions and steams the carpets clean. This process leaves your carpets looking and feeling fresh. It is a good idea to perform a carpet cleaning on an as-needed basis, some areas are not as high traffic as others and do not require attention until every couple of months or years. Feel free to reach out if you would like an estimate for your next carpet cleaning. Always remember that your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help!
Duct cleaning, the SERVPRO way!
Happy ducts, happy house!
When moving into your new home or simply just to keep a clean home, a duct cleaning is essential. Sweep away bacteria and dust accumulated in the ducts of your new home. By performing regular duct cleaning you potentially extend the life of your HVAC system as well as your ducts. You also reduce chances of health risks that steam from dust, dirt, and fungi accumulated in your ducts. Our goal when performing a duct cleaning is to remediate bacteria, restore peak energy efficiency, and eliminate offensive odors. You can trust that your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus will get it done right the first time.
The SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus duct cleaning process:
- We begin our process by using our patented roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the shape and diameter to the ducts. The roto-scraper removes debris and filth before we the vacuuming process begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a collection container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environmental clean.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and soil.
Call us today for a free duct cleaning estimate! Your local SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened."
Allergy season in full effect!
SERVPRO is always here to help!
Do you or anyone in your household suffer from allergies? Though the season brings many contributing factors to allergies, there are also causes that may not be related to the seasonal change. The cause may be that your home is simply just not clean. For example, if you have a pet like a cat or dog, cleaning their dander may help minimize your allergic reactions. Another example is dust, dust particles can cause sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion etc.
Aside from allergies, different aspects of your home can cause discomfort. An odor can cause discomfort and or headaches. An odor like mold is not one to take lightly, mold can lead to serious health issues. Take the necessary precautions to keep your family healthy this spring.
Here are a few services that we offer that may help you feel better inside your home.
- A good old fashioned duct cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- Mildew cleanup
- Pet dander cleanup
- Carpet cleaning
Your trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus can help you get nice and tidy this spring. Call us today for more information on the specialty cleaning services that we offer.
Fall Cleaning tip from your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus.
What’s in your ducts?
Fall cleaning? Is there such a thing as fall cleaning? Is spring cleaning not enough?
Although adding a chore like fall cleaning doesn’t sound like any fun, it can benefit you and your family’s health! A service that we recommend around this time is a good old fashioned Duct Cleaning. Having your ducts cleaned can avoid health issues like allergies. The dust, dirt, and pollen collected in your ducts can cause issues like worsening asthma symptoms. Not cleaning your ducts can also cause stale odors in your home. Cleaning your ducts will remove mold or other contaminants that may be spreading inside your home now. You may ask yourself, how frequently do I need to have my ducts serviced? That depends on a few different things such as, the size of the home, the amount of people that live in the home, and if you have pets or not.
Call your local SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus to determine how frequently you should clean your ducts, and for your free estimate!
Taking forever to dry your clothes?
Does your furnace sound like a freight train?
More than likely this is because your air or exhaust ducts are in need of an extensive cleaning and the filters changed out.
When the dust builds up in your air ducts and exhaust system it causes your dryer and HVAC system to work overtime and shorten the life of these expensive items. Not only is this bad for your appliances and mechanical system, it's also a fire hazard.
When to Call Professionals for a Duct Cleaning Service?
- Call when dust begins appearing shortly after cleaning.
- Call when musty or stale odors are appearing when a furnace runs.
Why Should You Call?
- Avoiding an air-duct clean could affect anyone living in the house with allergies or asthma.
- Dust, dirt, and pollen are pulled into the air duct system.
- Dismissing an air duct cleaning service could possibly leave room for mold, bacteria, fungus, and mildew to form.
- This will circulate whenever the furnace turns on.
- The services offered remove any mold or other contaminants providing a clean air circulation throughout your home.
The benefits of servicing Your HVAC Unit Include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
Be sure to clean out your air ducts and vents at least once a year in order to keep the airflow in your house clean and safe. Call to schedule an appointment today.