Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why do we ask so many questions during the intake process?
The initial call is very important!
We understand that when a disaster strikes in your home or business the last thing you want to do is answer questions that seem insignificant, however, this is an important step to getting you back to your home's preloss condition. Not only do we ask questions for our team to show up prepared, we also ask questions to help keep you, your family, and our team safe. When you call in, our trained team will ask you for the severity or extent of the damage, we might also ask for pictures. This helps us determine how much equipment, product, and materials will be needed in order to start the restoration process.
A question that many homeowners find strange is- When was your house built? We ask this because it is important for us to know whether your property has potential asbestos. As you may know, asbestos is not hazardous unless it is disturbed. If your home was built prior to the 1970’s we will have material from your home tested for asbestos. If it comes back positive, we will recommend asbestos abatement prior to reconstruction. This process helps keep everyone safe.
If you have any questions regarding our intake process, feel free to reach out, we are always here to help!
Six reasons why you should choose SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus?
We are here to help!
With so many restoration providers out there, we can imagine how difficult it may be to choose one. Here are a few reasons why you should choose SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus.
- We count on Country support as we are a part of a Countrywide franchise system.
- We are and have been our industry leader for over 50 years and going.
- Our team is certified by our industry's institute, the IICRC. Our team members hold numerous certifications per team member.
- Our team is available 24/7, all year around.
- We service both residential and commercial properties.
- Our headquarters has chemists who produce our own products. We do not have shortages of products needed all year round.
For more information, feel free to reach out. Our team is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Why choose SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus?
We are always here to help!
When disaster strikes you are troubled with many different emotions, mainly uneasiness. When choosing the right restoration company to assist you and your family, there are many things you may ask yourself: Is the provider experienced? Are they properly equipped? Are they certified?
All of these are completely reasonable questions and concerns which is why we would like to share the following facts about the SERVPRO franchise system.
- The SERVPRO franchise system has been in business for over 50 years
- There are over 1,700 franchises serving North America
- SERVPRO is a 24/7/365 emergency service
- We create and utilize some of our restoration products
- We believe in restoring vs. replacing
- We provide residential and commercial services
For more information on how our team can be of assistance with your water, fire, mold, or bio-hazard disaster, give us a call. Our team is certified by the IICRC, and we have many years of experience. Always remember that your local SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened.”
We use our own products!
We use top of the line products in your home or business!
Did you know that SERVPRO makes their own chemicals? Well now you know! How does this affect the home or business owner? Well, it means that we’ve customized our products and services to fit your needs. Our chemist creates products that are both effective and safe for your home or business. Our chemicals also CDC approved, and they are environmentally friendly. Whatever our chemists do not make, they properly vet to make certain that it meets our high standards in product efficiency. When you choose SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus, you choose top of the line products also.
Does pollen damage my car paint?
Pollen can damage your car paint
While our car sits idle, we wonder if the thin layer of pollen can affect our paint? Well, yes it can, and will if you do not wash it off as soon as possible. Here’s a not-so-fun fact, pollen is high in acidity and activates with rain water. To preserve the paint on your car it is recommended that you wash the pollen off of as needed with water. By removing the pollen you extend the life of your paint. The longer pollen sits on your car paint, the more it is likely it is to oxide and stain your paint. It is recommended to wash, or pay someone to wash your car every week or bi-weekly, this way you frequently reset your time through pollen season. If you choose to do it yourself but do not have access to a water hose consider using a spray bottle, once you’ve sprayed the car down, wipe it with a cloth rag. This may take a little bit of time but it can save you lots of money in the long run. We hope you find these tips helpful. Always remember that your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help!
Why SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus?
Your SERVPRO superheroes!
Who can you trust when you are a victim of a disaster like a flood, or a fire? When these situations happen you may feel vulnerable, or even impotent. You may ask yourself, who should I trust? Will they have my best interest in mind? The question will then become, why SERVPRO?
- Our team is certified through IICRC for water, fire, mold and bio clean ups.
- We are the leading name in our industry, with years of experience.
- With over 1,700 franchise licenses to operate across the U.S, and Canada, you can believe that we are experienced and trained to take care of you.
- We are a part of a franchise system, but we are also independently owned and operated. You will received detailed attention every time!
- We are your one stop for cleaning, repairing, and managing your loss.
- We work with adjusters! We provide pictures, dry logs, and detailed explanations as to what needs to be done, and what is being done at your home or business.
- We can handle both residential, and commercial losses. With the support of our franchise, we feel confident enough to say that there is no job to big or too small for us.
Remember that having the support of a team like ours can make the difference with how quickly you recover from a disaster. When you think about clean up and restoration, think green, think SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus!
Home Emergency Kits from SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus
Are you ready?
One of the things we pride ourselves in is trying to help the community by being prepared for a fire or a water loss. We make an effort to spread the word on being prepared. There is no better time to prepare then before a disaster. In this effort we offer free Home Emergency Ready Kits. This kit contains vital information that will better prepare you for a disaster. Below is a list that the Home Ready kits include, along with essential information you should know.
- Emergency Supply Check List
- Home Evacuation Plan
- Home Contents Inventory list for each room
- Family Emergency Communication Plan
- Disaster Preparedness Brochure – What You Can Do
Contact us today for your FREE Home Emergency Kit! We will gladly assist you with any questions you may have. Remember that your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help, and make it “Like it never even happened”.